Counseling can help clients recognize their potential and overcome obstacles that may be keeping them from achieving their own definition of success. Although people cannot always choose their circumstances, they always have a choice in how they respond, such as through acceptance or positive changes.
- Encouraged to take an honest look at themselves and determine “things” in their lives that are keeping them from living the life they want to live.
- Helped by learning how to recognize things that they can change and accept things that are out of their control
- Challenged to develop more healthy ways of thinking and decrease thinking errors.
- Assisted in developing healthy skills to replace self-destructive behaviors and patterns
Through the therapeutic process, clients will be encouraged as they start with small changes that will take them in the direction they want to go and then build on these changes as they become more empowered by seeing themselves succeed.
Counseling Services can be offered to children, teenagers, and young adults up to age 25 who need assistance managing symptoms of any of the following:
- ADHD, High-Functioning Autism
- Mild to Moderate Anxiety Disorders/Phobias/OCD
- Mild to Moderate Depression/Mood Disorders
- PTSD/Trauma and Other Stress Related Disorders
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Impulse-Control Disorders
- Mild to Moderate Substance Abuse
- Adjustment Disorder
- Parent-Child Relational Problems