Imagine struggling to communicate with friends or family. Not being able to succeed in school. Having difficulty expressing your thoughts and feelings. For far too many people in Upstate South Carolina, the pain of not being able to communicate is all too real.
At Clarity, our mission is to help people with speech, hearing, and learning challenges all year long, but we cannot do it without community support. Your donations can help change someone’s life today, and any amount will help.
- $25 can provide a six-month supply of batteries for a child’s hearing aids.
- $50 pays for one hour of learning therapy to help a child with disabilities learn to read.
- $80 pays for 30 minutes of speech therapy.
- $100 pays for a hearing check and evaluation
- $250 pays for a low-income senior to receive free hearing aids through Clarity’s Hear Now partnership
- $500 helps a client receive a psychological or psycho-educational evaluation
You can also support Clarity by donating professional services or new or gently used goods. Here are some items we can put to good use:
- computers or printers that are no more than four years old and in good working condition
- storage cabinets, preferably lockable
- gift cards (for fundraising and/or promotional uses, or staff appreciation events)
- old hearing aids, for reconditioning and donation to a low-income person with hearing loss
- photography, videography, social media or graphic design services
Other ways to donate
Mail your check to:
Attn: Dr. Elizabeth Shands, Ph.D.
29 N. Academy St.
Greenville, SC 29601
Call Dr. Elizabeth Shands at 864-331-1408 to discuss planned gifts, gifts of stock or securities, or to find out about volunteer opportunities.