Autism Spectrum Evaluation Team
ASET is a multidisciplinary team of professionals who work together to provide children with a truly comprehensive evaluation. Team members include experts in autism spectrum disorders from the following fields: psychology, speech-language pathology, and occupational therapy. Depending on the needs of the client, sometimes an audiologist is also part of the team.
How does an evaluation work?
Evaluators from multiple disciplines observe and interact with you at the same time to provide a collaborative and comprehensive evaluation of your child’s strengths and weaknesses. Specific information is provided in the following areas: cognitive abilities, adaptive behaviors, social/emotional functioning, communication, fine motor skills, and sensory processing.
Benefits of ASET:
- Time Efficiency of seeing multiple providers at one time allows for quicker access to resources and interventions
- Child friendly, play-based assessments help you feel comfortable during the evaluation
- Flexibility during the evaluation allows for additional assessments as needed.
- All professionals observe the same behaviors/skills and formulate conclusions and diagnoses as a team.
- Evaluation results from all domains are integrated into one comprehensive report.
- Comprehensive treatment recommendations ensure all of your child’s needs are addressed.